Monday, September 5, 2011

My Minnesota mug

“Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”” Matthew 28:18-20 NLT

Oh yes, the big one, the one I've heard and read for years.  I got some decent sleep last night, had a nice day off yesterday, still settling into the condo, but still tired.  Sip some coffee, I'm using my Minnesota mug today, I got this when I visited my sister's family when they lived there. Boy is this computer screen bright.  Sip some coffee, I read and think. This makes me think of a commencement speech, or when I was working for Ultimate Electronics and finishing my training. It also makes me think of the lack of trust I have in people, that I have trained.  It also makes me think of Ice Road Truckers last night, when  Dave just wouldn't listen to the trainers and just did his own thing. This makes me think of a lot of things. Sip some coffee, I read and think, I read and think.  Today is labor day, and I actually have it off. I read and think, this is really a crazy scripture.  I feel like someone has taught me the motions of diving off the diving board and now they're saying "do it", you mean "get wet?" I read and think, hits me. I really doubt a lot, that my training is adequate, that I really have what it takes to help someone out, it's like I get stage fright. Hits me again. I'm backwards again, I'm not in this alone. God never said "see ya", He said "I'll be with you always". Hits me again. Just like this mug I'm drinking out of, has the attributes of Minnesota on it, moose, fish, light house, duck, bear, a lake house.  I need to let God be God in me. No need to dwell on if I've been trained properly, just chill. He'll use the experiences He's given me to further His kingdom regardless of how inadequate I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?