Friday, September 23, 2011

My "Standin on the Corner" mug

“We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation.” Romans 5:3-4 NLT

It's been a busy, tiring week.  No energy but to survive work. Starbucks is a good help though, and the apartment is nearing its end.  Thank God for craig's list, I've been selling, selling, selling. Scriptures like this drive me crazy at times.  I want validation not instructions, I don't care how you word it, it's telling me  I should be happy when my day or week sucks. One thing effects another, of course i understand that, duh. As I briefly read the verses this week that I didn't post, I realized how often I just don't read them and  don't apply them. I read and think, sip some coffee, read and think. Using my "standin on the corner" mug. A mug my mother in-law gave me for christmas a while back.  The Eagle's song "take it easy".  It's a long walk through endurance, it's so tempting (sometimes beyond tempting) to just throw in the towel and jump into sin (whatever it may be). I always try to make an effort to listen to oldies on fridays.  To relax regardless of the day I'm having. I'm amazed of the battle I have with my thoughts and my mind. What happens when I fall, is God going to punish, then do I worry about what will happen to my family because of my failure? Hits me, I have to remember that God is always God and a jealous one. Regardless of how I feel about how I feel, he's developing endurance and allowing and helping me write this blog. Sure I'm tired and frustrated, upset, but God's not like me and thats the point. He's making me like Him, regardless of how I feel about myself at the time or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?