Saturday, September 17, 2011

Son of UHH....that's gunna leave a mark!

Imitate God, therefore, in everything you do, because you are his dear children.” Ephesians 5:1 NLT

I finally got some Starbucks bags on sale and with coupons. A regular 12 oz. bag usually at $10.99 I got for 5.99!! So screw this folgers crap and now I'm set for a while I got 4 bags.  When I read this verse for the first time in High school, I always thought how I loved imitating people, namely bad commercials on Tv, namely the law commercials or Ace Ventura, Tommy Boy, etc.  I love to laugh.  As I read and think, sip my Starbucks, (man this stuff is nicer).  I hits me about how when I spend time with someone I start reacting and imitating them, their posture, their phrases, their character, everything. I find when I spend time with God, I do the same thing, but I seem to make it more complicated, I fear what the other people will think if I offer to pray for them. Then it hits me again, Do I think God thought of that before He sent His son down? He didn't care, He knew what we needed regardless of what we thought.  Hits me harder, Sure I can imitate characters in a movie, people I know, sure it can be funny, but when it's time to love someone and show them that Christ loves them, can I imitate His character? Am I imitating His character? Not always. I have to remember as his child He made me just the way He wanted to and will imitate himself just the way He wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?