Saturday, September 10, 2011

My Promise Keepers mug

“I will be your God throughout your lifetime— until your hair is white with age. I made you, and I will care for you. I will carry you along and save you.” Isaiah 46:4 NLT

This is one of those "general verses", I'm thinking "of course I know this, I've read these types of verses throughout the bible all my life. I slept pretty well last night. I upgraded to some better coffee yesterday, and it seems to be satisfying me this morning. I'm using my Promise Keepers mug this morning. I read and think, I read and think. Sip some coffee, I find myself always taking for granted the people who have always been there, namely God. Regardless how many times I drifted away from Him, He would always be there. I had fear too, if I screw up, He'll really teach me a lesson. I read and I think, hits me.  I am getting older, my hair is slowly getting gray, my body isn't like it was back in High School. As I correspond with friends from back then on Facebook, I watch us all just aging together, I'm not alone. Hits me. Regardless of how old I get, how many pains I notice in my body and my life, what decisions I make, what attitudes I have, how many gray's I count, God will use every moment of everyday to give me an opportunity to show me how he is carrying me along and saving me. I got my Promise Keepers mug back in 2006 or 07, when the organization was in Phoenix (are they even still around?), it was a cool event I guess, but more than that, just the concept of letting God live His life in me is the deal breaker. I really need a hair cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?