Sunday, September 4, 2011

Don't Stop Believing

“Hold on to the pattern of wholesome teaching you learned from me—a pattern shaped by the faith and love that you have in Christ Jesus. Through the power of the Holy Spirit who lives within us, carefully guard the precious truth that has been entrusted to you.” 2 Timothy 1:13-14 NLT

Wow, there's a lot in this one, and I am tired this morning, why am I not sleeping? I just automatically wake up at 4 i guess or whenever. Sip some coffee, a lot of it this morning. As I read and think about this one, it hits me about how many time my belief's are challenged on a daily basis. It doesn't matter where I go, my morals are challenged.  Sure I've got things to do and a family to take care of.  But, how many times do I just laugh at the dirty jokes or validate someone when I don't agree or agree to just be agreeable. How many times can I sense someone needs Jesus and I just don't tell them "uh, we need to talk, you need Jesus". I read and I think, I read and I think, hits me. The song "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey comes to mind.Sure I guard my family and my life from evil, I've got things to do, no time to help someone out at times, I'm in task mode and I'm stinkin tired usually. I'm backwards again. I'm trying to make things happen for God the way I think He wants me to, instead of Letting Him be God and following where He leads me in my daily things, He'll present to me things that are best to teach me and grow me closer to Him, and I've got to strive to believe even when He's driving me crazy and things just aren't going according to plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?