Sunday, September 25, 2011

The smell of coffee in the morning

“My dear children, I am writing this to you so that you will not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate who pleads our case before the Father. He is Jesus Christ, the one who is truly righteous.” 1 John 2:1 NLT

At first I'm thinking, so you're giving me an attorney who has never done what I've done and can't relate? that doesn't make any sense. Didn't sleep well, another long night, but I slept a little. Sip some coffee, something about the smell of coffee in the morning. I read and think, I read and think. I'm gunna sin, regardless of how victorious and free I feel in the moment and how close to God I feel.  I will eventually fall flat on my face again, thinking I could handle thing without Him because I am so close to Him. Thats how He designed this life, for me to understand that I can't do anything without Him. The moment I think I'm clear to go on my own, the moment He'll show me I'm not. Hits me, imagine if I lost my smell for coffee, it would be disastrous. Yet when I sin, I find my whole life gets fussy and smokey. When I have victory, all the senses come back. Hits me again, in those dark moments, when I feel completely trapped and alone, are the moments where Christ is with me, He's the only one that walked in my shoes (unfortunately I don't discover this till its too late at times). He's the one who can only give me the smell of coffee back each time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?