Sunday, September 11, 2011

Coffee and God

“[A song for pilgrims ascending to Jerusalem.] I look up to the mountains— does my help come from there? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth!” Psalm 121:1-2 NLT

Every time I read this verse I think of the Sound of Music.  I always picture the mother singing climb every mountain in her office. I slept ok, daughter woke up around 2:30 and finally an hr later I fed her pancakes, and then she went back to sleep. Internets been shaky lately, I think its a bad cable. It's also September 11th today. Sip some coffee, I read and think. More coffee, I read and think. As I drink this coffee I think of how much I rely on it on a daily basis. I look forward to it in the morning, drink a cup and 1/2 until I'm awake and its water for the rest of the day or if I have time, rest.  I read and think, hits me. Drinking coffee in the morning doesn't draw me closer to God, but, it does wake me up to focus on God. God can use so many different things to draw me closer to Him: nature, movies, music, traveling, trials, insecurities, his son, etc. I remember going to Bible School in Germany back in 95 fearing I was leaving God back in America, only to find out He was there waiting for me. Hits me again, He shows himself to me so many times through my viewfinder and when I'm editing, I'm amazed of how backwards I was thinking, and how He was showing me Himself through the very skills and interests He gave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?