Sunday, September 18, 2011

It's My Money and I want it now!

“Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too.” Philippians 2:3-4 NLT

Don't be selfish? LOL, oh c'mon, next verse please. I all the sudden feel like I'm 5 again and my mom's looking down at me, telling me to share my toys. I got some rest last night, got in late, but still slept ok.  Daughter woke up at 4 and wanted breakfast, then went back to bed. I also think of that retarded and annoying JG Wentworth commercial "It's my money and I want it now". I don't look at myself as a selfish person, but I have tried to impress people, I have trouble with humility, I'm pretty balanced with the interests thing too. I read and think, I read and think. In the audio visual industry back in the day, sure you could be selfish and demand you only did a certain thing. Now in the weakness of the economy, if I'm not willing to put my ego on the ground help other's out, I'm black listed. Hits me, I thought I was fine in these areas, and thats exactly why He's reminding me today, don't be fooled, be careful, watch yourself. This is a very critical part of my life every day not to be joked with, there's so many elements to it. If I crash on one thing, it's a domino effect and before I know it, my prides gone, I didn't impress anyone, I feel like an idiot, I'm mad, I want out, and I'm praying for the one thing I should have in the beginning, Christ's attitude, and everyone is looking at me like I'm 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?