Friday, September 2, 2011

Where the streets have no name

“O Lord, your unfailing love fills the earth; teach me your decrees.” Psalm 119:64 NLT

Huh? thats what I'm thinking. This is another one of those that I just don't get.  When I used to read these types, I would just think "ya ya thats cool" and pass it by. I slept pretty good, it was a long tiring day, but I got to bed earlier, still tired though.  Sip some coffee, I read and think. I didn't want to move, I really thought that I would just stick with the landlord and hold out until they could replace the carpet, but my family just couldn't live in a half packed up apartment. The condo that we moved to is too small, yet we both kind of saw a sign that it was time, and since I pretty much do this type of work on a daily basis, it was pretty much another day at the office.  I even felt the sooner we move the better. I'm tired of moving, but I even felt God tell me to sell as much as I can.  I feel good about what we did, like I'm listening to Him. I read and I think, I read and think, hits me. God's love is not some valentines day card, it's not a flower or a gift from someone, it's another direction, it's Him guiding me and my family onto another path and another place, just like the U2 song "Where the streets have no name".  Ya I'm tired of moving, but God isn't, He fills the earth with Himself, and I need to stride to listen to Him. Who knows what's next.

My Focus Today: If I hear God tell me something, do it, even if I feel weird and don't want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?