Monday, September 12, 2011

ok God! Happy now?

“Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again—rejoice!”Philippians 4:4 NLT


Hmmm.  These little ones always trick me. I just don't know what to think of them at times. I always thought this meant "be happy about God all the time". I only put 6 hrs in at work again last night. So I was able to get to bed earlier, I don't feel too bad this morning. Sip some coffee, I'm a pretty happy person generally, always finding laughter in things, I'm optimistic, I don't see the need to worry or doubt. I read and think, I read and think.  I find myself thinking way back to Midwest camp days when I was something like 13 and I was witnessing all these people being so happy in God. I wanted there happiness so bad. I was a happy person but I didn't have what they had.  So I thought, maybe if I just try saying the phrases they said so much a lot. That didn't work, I practicing saying the phrases "Praise the Lord, Praise Jesus, Glory to God", but it just didn't come as naturally as it came from them. Then I think of a tragedy like September 11, how do you rejoice over and over about that? Hits me, sure I can live this life and pursue the goals my wife and I have developed for our family and they could happen. I can go day after day striving to have joy in God regardless of the circumstances I get into and look at God and say "Happy now?" Hits me again, God gives me the joy for Him, when I make my life about Him. Everything, regardless if I consider it bad or good, unfolds, revealing His glory and those phrases end up just coming out as they please.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?