Wednesday, September 7, 2011

People aren't things? Huh?

“So we tell others about Christ, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all the wisdom God has given us. We want to present them to God, perfect in their relationship to Christ.”Colossians 1:28 NLT

As I read this one, it's like I'm over hearing someone telling what they've been up to to someone else. They speak so naturally. Like its just another day. I slept ok last night, sipping coffee this morning, I actually need to stock up on more. I'm finding that my to do list just keeps growing and I ask myself is it just going to end up being a bunch of things written down on my palm pilot (yes I still have a palm pilot)? I read and think, I read and think. Sip some coffee, I hear Christ's name in vain all the time at work (don't we all). Actually its a rule in hospitality that you don't talk religion, because it stirs up conflict.  I do when I feel it won't though.  I read and think, I read and think, hits me. I'm backwards again. Sure I can talk to people about God and feel like I've got to sale real well and then stress out about how they are doing, but, God wants me to give them over to Him, not add them to my to do list, of people I need to take care.  I remember when I was at Bible School and hearing about so many problems people had. I found myself taking it all on and getting overwhelmed. Hits me again.  Uh Nathan, thats what Christ did on the cross already, so give them back to Him, thats what He's for.  Hits me again.  I have to quit thinking, that God never knew about them until I met them. He knows everyone and is looking to grow both of us into relationship with Him everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?