Saturday, September 3, 2011

Kinkelized!

“This is what the Lord says— your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: “I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is good for you and leads you along the paths you should follow.” Isaiah 48:17 NLT

Yawwn! when I first read this one, I was like, whoa, this is one of those "all about God in the beginning every name in the book" verses. Sip some coffee. Today I'm using my fuller mug, I read and think, I read and think. At work yesterday, we were setting a rig for "Kool and the Gang" and I was instructed clearly by the head rigger on how to set the safety's on the lights, after lunch I noticed some were done and some weren't, so I fixed them. I later over heard "who redid these" I spoke up and debated that I was clearly told by the head rigger in the beginning. I explained how his way was unsafe and he assured me it was safe enough, so I gave in and helped redo them all. I read and think, sip some coffee.  I'm tired, I slept pretty good actually put in a 10 hr day at work. When I do things like that the guys at work call it "kinkelized" some times bad, some times good. I've been known to be naive and gullible and to follow instructions to the tee. I'm very thorough and detailed in many things, lots of questions. I think a lot about life and the root of the problem. I'm known to be very faithful to things I believe in.  I read and think, I read and think, hits me. Even though it might seem God is not qualified to direct me, He is.  It might seem at times that people will get in the way, when He's using them to continue to modify and strengthen me onto a path I should follow.  My wife went to Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena, Ca. where she made some of her best friends and memories of her life, she remains in contact with them to this day, she worked her butt off (getting mono twice). We visited Fuller on our Honeymoon where I got the mug and I took pictures of all the places she felt so close to God back in the day. God directed her to Fuller back then and now He teaches both of us as we stride (with aches and pains at times) to follow Him on the path everyday, being Kinkelized!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?