Saturday, October 1, 2011

God in Pop culture?!

““God blesses you when people mock you and persecute you and lie about you and say all sorts of evil things against you because you are my followers. Be happy about it! Be very glad! For a great reward awaits you in heaven. And remember, the ancient prophets were persecuted in the same way.” Matthew 5:11-12NLT

This one drives me crazy at times, I can't stand it at times. I feel like a door to door salesman when I read this, and think "ya think".  Be very glad when you get the door slammed in your face, be glad when people say "oh just looking".  They don't know that I have rent to pay and bills to keep.  Slept ok last night, still tired but not bad. The apartment is finally finished and nothing is in there, FREEDOM! Still selling things on Craig'slist until its done. Sip some coffee, I read and think. In film and video, we deal with archetypes.  When you're creating a story or in my case listening to someones, the person is the archetype, they're that person whether it be a cancer surviver that bares the characteristics of still caring for there family, paying bills, working, maintaining a positive attitude or Dennis Gable with a troubles past. Archetypes are what the movies are made about, what the audience sets out to be like and admire. Movies and documentaries will give you what they call "the hero's journey". Star wars is a great example with Luke Skywalker. Tommyboy, another example of an idiot son who ends up saving the town. Braveheart, too. It's the villain that makes everyone mad, when the plot changes and someone becomes the traitor. Many people can't anticipate this but thats what makes it a good movie, when you're caught off guard. That's where God comes in, here he's telling me to talk about Him freely and just so you know "you will be rejected just as I was" lol.  Great thanks a lot. This is very much why I don't share my faith directly with people. I don't want to make them mad.  Jesus is a loving God, not a bully.  I have people talk behind my back, and if I catch them, I confront real quick in front of everyone. I read and think, hits me. There are so many barriers that I put up as to not be hurt and rejected by my faith. Jesus was the perfect archetype. He's to be modeled after and yet rejected. I can pretend I'm superman, Indiana Jones, or spiderman, all fought for justice and good, yet people were after them.  They wanted to save your life. Christ represented the truth with eternal life and yet the world was against Him and still it seems. Am I willing to stand up for what I believe, be faster than a speeding bullet? no, be dragged behind a truck with only my whip to hold onto? no, when it seems everyone is trying to kill me? As the Three Amigo's said "Our reward is that justice has been done". Can I capture that shot when I see it? Can I be reliable at work? Can I be a godly model for my family to look to? Can I be the things I don't believe I can be? My reward is in Heaven, and my motivation is what Christ is doing in my life by loving people to him. This pastor who is to be executed in Iran, is thinking, this is what God is all about. It was what motivates me to shoot more videos, to strive to walk closer with God. But every hero has his/her weakness, as much as I try not to, can't let rejection be my weakness with God, but my strength and my characteristic be His likeness in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?