Monday, October 24, 2011

I'm Puzzled?!

“Fear of the Lord is the foundation of wisdom. Knowledge of the Holy One results in good judgment.” Proverbs 9:10 NLT

At first I'm thining, yep, that's true. I wish it were different but yep its true. Sip some coffee, big day today, didn't sleep well.  A lot going on these days in my family. Just all kinds of do dads. I keep on seeing it as a puzzle that i'm trying to put together but not sure if there are two different puzzles or just one. Sip some coffee, i'm tired this morning.  It's crazy of what weird dreams you have when you're trying to put a puzzle together in your sleep. I'm reminded of Gandolf when he quickly went back to the books to read about the ring, he wasn't sure but had to get knowledge. I'm amazed of how easy it is to stress when I don't know things, I don't know what's to come.  In my line of work, this happens on a daily basis,  so I take changes very lightly and without fear in my personal life. It's funny how I can be given an agenda for a meeting, a timed plan and know in my head, it's just and idea, it won't go like this. Sure enough, it doesn't. The agenda becomes just a to do list. I think of the movie Spy's like us with Dan Aykroyd and Chevy Chase. Aykroyd has a very good knowledge of facts about things over all and insists they carry this big fur coats all the way, and sure enough they're wearing them eventually. How many times have I had a feeling, and went with it, and discovered that it was right. It's a feeling that you fight, that you just don't want to do. I'll never forget my sister Sarah's rehearsal dinner day. I had the video done and sitting in the vcr. I felt something tell me, "take it out of the vcr". I'm thinking "man I have plug it in and unstack things", well whatever I'll do it.  20 minutes later, my mom comes running to me in panick, "someone just stole the vcr out of the room!" What? I ran and sure enough, the vcr was gone due to the side door of the church being left open. I couldn't believe it, I'm glad I listened to that voice. Then I'm reminded of Minority Report, of the pre crime law that was in place. Three miracles were born who could for see the future and the police could arrest everyone minutes before they committed the crime. I read and think. When I trust someone with something, and they follow through, I trust them again. When they don't, black list 'em. Believe me, I've been black listed by people, when I should have been honest, I wasn't. Hits me, sure I can have all the knowledge I want of everything, I can be prepared, I can fear failure and be so ready for success that I'll never look failure in the eyes. I can have a successful trip, shoot, family, etc but without God being the fear the respect first, this puzzle of life, will always be confusing and not be complete without knowledge of God.  I think of the game starring Michael Douglas back in '97 and how this wealthy guy is celebrating his 48th birthday, is given a present by his brother to a recreation business and it ends up making him rethink his life, kind of like an it's a wonderful life movie. If I want good judgement and wisdom, I have to clean these pieces off and redo my foundation with God and I will find that He will show me where to place them, which ones I can discard and which ones to put to the side as long as I focus on Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?