Wednesday, October 26, 2011

the code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules. - Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean.

“All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work.” 2 Timothy 3:16-17 NLT

I remember reading this for the first time in Jr. High or High School, when I was really battling things. I didn't understand it really. LOL, I still really don't. I slept better last night, late night of work, we have a new guy and he's teachable, he's knows stuff but he's teachable and thats great. Sip some coffee, I read and think, its good coffee this morning. My video is coming together, I still have to keep hacking away at it, hopefully today I'll be ready to hand it to my music producer. I'm reminded of Pirate's of the Caribbean, "we must honor the code". My wife has told me, that one day she'll show me where the break is, in the car.  I break the law a lot when I speed, who doesn't. When I started working for the company I work for now, I was told about the training that they had. They said, get onto this quick. I somewhat listened but then we got too busy and I never got to it. When I wanted to get promoted, they told me you haven't done the training yet. Well who cares, I've been hands on doing it forever, isn't that good enough, NO. If they didn't see it online they didn't believe I knew anything. So I played there game and went through the training. Wow, it really helped, I learned things I had always wondered about and things I never thought about. I don't remember everything but most of it, and I stick to the book, which drives guys crazy at times. Then scenes come to mind of when I've chosen not to follow God's leading and my fellow christians would let me know that I'm sinning. I'm reminded of the church lady from Saturday night live "who do you think is winning right now? could it be.......Satan?" I read and think, this is a strong scripture, whenever I go through a training, I always think of all the work that it took to put the training together. People are actually believing that it will be effective or whats the point. Why go to college? Why go to school? When I set up a computer with what I want it to do, I'm programming it, I'm training it. I get things backwards a lot. It's like getting a new pair of shoes, I have to break them in, so they conform to me, my foots not changing, the shoe is. God's different, he wants to change me to him, not Him to me. My iphone I'm slowly conforming it to my lifestyle although I'm having to adjust my lifestyle to it in some ways. Do I compromise at work, yes, should I at times? NO.  But I do because I don't want to argue because I'm tired. I read and think, sip some coffee, Hits me. The difference between my training manual at work and the word of God, is that my training manual will have to updated, the word of God won't (which is annoying). I love upgrades, I'm always excited for an upgrade, what's new in this version? God continues to remind me that He is new every morning. I'm part of society, since I pay bills, work, go on date nights, it's how I let it all influence me that sets me apart. Society went to the Sugarland concert this summer and when the stage fell, you saw the hearts of people in action when they rushed to the rescue. Hits me again, sure I can view the word of God as "guidelines"but He's always going to be on mind. I can let this iphone and the apps and games dictate my life, or I can let God lay the foundation and use these elements in my life for His good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?