Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Help

“Share each other’s burdens, and in this way obey the law of Christ.” Galatians 6:2 NLT

At first I'm thinking of Lord of the Rings again. I think of my marriage, and this is lived. I think of how true this is and then I think of how far I take it at times. How often I try to fix the burden, and make it even bigger that it is. Sip some coffee, another late night of work, but slept ok. I have today off, so I'm looking forward to hanging out with the family and RandR. But I'm tired this morning, sip some coffee, I have to get my back hard drive looked at clean this computer out, oh the list goes on. I read and think, I read and think. I think back how I was raised to be empathetic with people, but not really care about what was going on. I kind of pity them, every now and then someone would follow up with me and ask me how I was doing from when we left off. I then learned when I was in sales, to remember all that stuff, remember that they were in a rush, that they had a terrible tv, care about that stuff. Little did I ever think about it obeying the law of Christ. I'd find myself judging them.  Oh the reason why they're having trouble is because they made this bad decision. I keep on thinking of Lord of the Rings, and how each of the men shared this burden up to the end. They're called best supporting actors. Who's going to stand by there side.  In Shawshank Redemption it was Red who stood by Andy, in Braveheart it was his cousin, in Cinderella man it was his trainer, in Seabiscuit it was his fellow jockey and boss. Yet in Lord of the Rings it was Sam, namely in the scene at the end of Fellowship of the Ring and the end of Return of the King when "I may not be able to carry the ring, but, I can carry you".  Do I really want to get myself into the mess of a friends life. I should be guarding myself from burdens, I don't want to stress. I read and think, The Help come's to mind, Skeeter was in my opinion the best supporting actress. Talk about sharing each other's burden's, she was practically raised by the help in her southern social society household, and decides to interview them on there view putting herself in the middle of her social class and the help. Then I think of how hard it is for me to ask for help, when I do I feel free. Hits me, even though it takes energy, sure it's not my problem, I have to remember I'm not taking there burden but sharing it with them, it could be something as simple as my friend is hungry, but I'm not. Or something more like justice needs to be done.  "Our Reward is that Justice as been done" the three amigo's. I never thought it was being obedient to share each other's burdens but just a nice thing to do. Hits me again, God doesn't want to me take it, he wants me to share it with them and he'll show both of us His grace in how faithful He is when we help each other obey Him. I'll never forget laying on my bunk at Bible School and stressing about everyone's problem's, I was like "God, I can't handle this".  I felt Him tell me, "I already did on the cross, just give those burdens over to me". I did eventually and went right to sleep, instead of twisting and turning all night. Sharing the burden is fixing it, not telling them what to do a lot of times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?