Thursday, October 20, 2011

Who Rescued who?

“Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.” Psalm 51:12 NIV

YAWN! not a good night, we're in busy season at work so I'm tired, no more complaining about the hours I'm working, its all about validating each other and get through this. Sip some coffee, good coffee this morning.  At first I can only think "this is the create in me a clean heart song from back in the 80's". I read and think, sip some coffee, I'm using my Hollywood mug today. I got this mug on our honeymoon, wow I felt at home there, my wife and I often talk about going back and reliving those moments at Graumon's chinese theater, driving around. I begin to think of all the remakes of movies that have happened the past decade, some were great and some were just terrible, I'm thinking ( are they bored?) Leave well enough alone, don't do anything to it. Keep it simple. Spielberg recently asked a crowd of people if he should add digital effect to the upcoming ET blu ray release, the crowd said NO, leave it. He agreed.  I find myself making this christian life so complicated at times, when its so simple.  My late grandpa Stuber wrote poetry, it was very simple, and I told him how much I appreciated his simplicity, he said, it's a simple gospel, why complicate it. I remember being yelled at at work with the phrase "quit trying to reinvent the wheel!" Of course I was misread, I was just needed time think about what I needed and I appeared to be thinking to hard apparently. I am reminded of a visit I had to the Biltmore fashion park about a month ago, where I discovered the humane society had an adoption slot.  I then noticed shirts in the store that said "who rescued who?" I read and think, I read and think, sip some coffee. I love watching old movies that have been restored to DVD and then being able to watch the makings of how they did it. I was watching the making's of Beauty and the Beast, and how crazy of a time they had in just making the film all together. Disney was about to shut down there animation department and moved them to a small warehouse not knowing they were working on this masterpiece, which would reboot their whole view of what Disney was all about, it became the first animation film ever to get best picture. Yet in the movie, the beast had to be restored to his human nature by learning to love, by not being selfish, a simple but complicated, distracting sacrifice. I find myself feeling so burned from my past at times, so frustrated. I read and think, Hits me.  I can watch a movie, I can read a book (highly unlikely), I can get out of town,  I search all I want to find my salvation where I left it, and those things can help, but God is only one that can get me back to where I belong, using those events in my life to sustain me again. Hollywood is a competitive business, they don't care who you are, Seinfeld was given 4 episodes and that took them to 9 years. All about entertainment, making you get back to who you really are as a person, what you enjoy. I can look at someones music or movie collection and find out what kind of person they are. I look at those animals at the Humane Society and I think, I'm no different they are, what have I done, how did I get here, it's amazing what God uses to get me back to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?