Thursday, October 6, 2011

"Just trust the Lord!"....translated, "I don't care about you"

“Trust in the Lord always, for the Lord God is the eternal Rock.”Isaiah 26:4 NLT

I get kind of mad at verses like this. I'm more thinking "easy for you to say". It's like someone telling me just go to college get a degree and everything should be fine. Or just build a house and have a happy life. Maybe I'm just tired and grumpy this morning, I don't know. Sip some coffee, I'm using my San Diego mug today. I got this on a family vacation 10 years ago and it's one of my more favored mugs. San Diego translated means Saint James, a missionary over there in 1700's or something like that. Amazing the history behind these city names. I slept ok, woken up once and then twice, our replacement couch came in, so I will be assembling that today, hopefully the hardware came too (thus the reason for the replacement). It's not fun sitting next to your wife on the ground eating ice cream for a month. I read and think, I read and think. It's crazy about how beautiful San Diego is, yet I haven't had the means to get there since 2000, other people will say "oh its only 6 hours away" "its so beautiful".  It's like when I enter a retail store and someone is pushing an in store credit card form in my face saying "sign up and get a free gift" I say "sure you wanna pay the bill, i'm still paying you guys off". Only to hear them say "c'mon it's a free gift". I read and think, Hits me.  I'm so bombarded and screwed over by societies sales gimmicks, No Target can't send me a couch with all the parts in it the first time, "but its Target?" LOL, who cares, they don't, lol they wouldn't refund me when I wanted to return it, they said "unfortunately I can only give you 25% back in store credit! lol. Un no you're not, you're going to come back and replace this couch with one with everything in it. A month later. I start viewing God like this, He's not just another sales gimmick, I can't just walk by this "eternal rock" thing and say "that'll be the day".  God won't change things because of job cut backs, he won't report you to HR for not trusting Him.  Hits me again, God doesn't have an eternal rock, He is the eternal rock.  It's ok for me to rest on Him, He won't move me, He won't expire, He won't sink, He won't show up with missing parts, He knows exactly what I need, He's always there, no set hours, he'll always speak my language and not one I don't understand. Even when I leave the rock due to my own insecurity, He's right there with me, someone who I can trust always, man how I get distracted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?