Monday, October 17, 2011

Goonies Never Say Die

“The Lord is a friend to those who fear him. He teaches them his covenant. My eyes are always on the Lord, for he rescues me from the traps of my enemies.” Psalm 25:14-15 NLT

At first I'm thinking, "thanks a lot God". So you're only going to be my friend if I fear you? All my life I've grown up with people telling me of how focused they are on God, I'm thinking what planet are they on? They obviously don't battle what I battle with. It's like talking to someone who claims they never get sick and they've never been sick as you turn and cough and wipe your nose.  I slept, no I didn't sleep good last night again, sip some good coffee though.  These next two weeks are clearly focused on a video for a ball coming up, I have to get it out by beg of November. I read and think,  I read and think. I've always loved movies where the underdog won. Like My Cousin Vinny, Trial and Error, Forrest Gump, Hoosiers, Karate Kid, Goonies, Erin Brockovich, Caundorman, Indiana Jones, National Treasure,Tucker, Robin Hood, etc. I love it when people are learning new things and growing. I guess that's because I'm learning and growing everyday. I'm reminded of Goonies, how this group of kids, not necessarily all friends uses there God given talents and skills to keep each other alive and find the treasure, they wouldn't give up, yet they completely respected and feared one eyed willy. It wasn't a fixation, they just happen to come across something at went with it. I read and think, I don't learn when I'm told to, I learn when I'm preoccupied doing something else. I also find that I don't ever come to the point of respecting someone until I find they know things and can help me. It's crazy when I was in retail and would be answering someones question, how there eyes would light up.  It's like I've been trying to figure this out for ever, they'd look at my name tag to see what position I hold in the store and my shirt, lol. Yet if I didn't have the answer and I wasn't helping them, they would look everywhere but me.  Why do I end up fearing God last? I'm reminded of the DC Talk song "sometimes you have to learn the hard way".  I know I have to at times. It's like the things I battle the most I don't think God can handle, because I can't. I'm reminded of "A few good men" that famous line "you can't handle the truth". I can't at times. It's funny, whenever I think of people in my age group, I can only think of how battered up we are by now, what we've learned in this life. I read and think, I'm reminded of the made for TV movie "Shackleton", it was a true story about an exploration team to the north pole way back when, the ship was called the Endurance and they didn't make it, but there leader Shackleton, guaranteed them they would not die and they didn't, they made it back to civilization 4 years later alive. Hits me, these guys got mad but they followed his orders and stayed alive. I'm not going to understand God's ways at times, but I have to strive to keep my eyes on Him, and I'll be rescued, just like the Goonies never said die, I can't give up, even though I do. He will show me each time how to respect Him and teach me His ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?