Thursday, October 13, 2011

He knows my language

“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:11 NLT

I always thought this said, I know the plans I have for you and I'll you know in a few years.  Then i wondered what the difference was between my plans and his plans. I slept terrible last night, got home from work after midnight, my daughter had woken up at 11:30 asking where I was. We didn't get to bed till 1 am and of course had trouble sleeping. Sip some coffee, lots of coffee. I read and think, I read and think. In 1995 I decided to go to Bible School in Germany see what God's will was for my life, I had heard peoples stories of these revelations, so I wanted one. I only found out later that his will was for me to go school and find Him.  Yet I wasn't expecting it to be so simple.  I mean when you hear about a missionary "being called", what do they mean? Disaster to me means a hurricane.  A future means a good career. Hope means no fear of messing up, everythings been fixed. HUH? I read and I think, I read and think. I think of the karate kid, and how Daniel just was so confused about the training he was getting, it just didn't make sense, I think of Neo from the Matrix, how he didn't agree with anyone about his calling. I think of my sister Sarah's art, she just see's this painting and paints, just as I see a video when I hear about an event or listen to someone's story. I think of Dog the Bounty Hunter, and how he's kind of aggressive but he can track down these people and get them help. I find myself making this so complicated when It's me who wonders what the plans are, yet God knows them, He works them out every day. They may not be good plans but the result will be good, my wife losing her job last year, we discovered recently was a very good thing now. Hits me, sure I can expect a shining light to come down from the sky and hear a loud voice tell me what to do (i watch too many movies). It may not be the writing on the wall, and it might just be a phone call. I'm stinkin 35 years and I'm not this successful guy I wish I was, I'm not this famous filmmaker I thought I'd be. Sometimes I feel like a disaster. Hits me again, no I didn't meet the requirements of Bible School, but I did pursue God when I was there.  Those moments have walked with me ever since. The thought came to mind "I don't want anyone to have fun without me" when I decided to go over seas.  And to this day I believe that's how He spoke to me because He knows my language.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?