Saturday, October 15, 2011

NO, You can't know more than me!

““How great you are, O Sovereign Lord! There is no one like you. We have never even heard of another God like you!” 2 Samuel 7:22 NLT

Being a christian and reading a verse like this, I can relate at times, but then I think about it, and I can't relate at all at times. Sip some coffee, I'm tired this morning, home from at 9 pm woken up at 3, I'm just a light sleeper. Good news though, the hard drive that apple told me was unreadable I tried a year later and is readable, so I got all my lost photos and music back, very happy. Sip some coffee, I read and think. You don't just say how great someone is, how in control they are. There's something behind that. I do a lot of shows at work, where they acknowledge people and their efforts, tons of awards ceremonies, sometimes pretty emotional. People really work hard out there. When the presenter is introducing this person and all there accomplishments that year and as I find them making there way to the stage and they put them on screen for everyone to see through the camera, then they greet everyone and give a little speech as well, if asked. It's crazy when you notice someone really doing a good job and man if this person isn't here things just won't get done.  Yesterday our A1 (live sound operator) couldn't make it to the set til 3 pm, and that halted our set, because without his preference of where he wanted the speakers and monitors, wiring the board, etc. We couldn't do anything but run a few cables. Sure we could have guessed and just did it, but then you're doing twice the work possibly. I read and think, Hits me.  I'm gunna make decisions throughout my life that will be wise and some stupid, God's always gunna be there to teach me either way, some stuff will be obvious from my own experience and some will be a lesson learned but in the end if I'm not following His lead (even if it doesn't make sense), it could result in a messy situation.  I've learned how to respect people in this industry, if they're operating, it doesn't matter how much more knowledge I think I have or how much I like them as a person, my pride and my insecurities could result in there show being a failure, sure i'll question if I see fit but in the long run it's there show and not mine.  This is God's life in me, sure I can question and learn, but if I refuse the instruction (which I do at times) it'll be my fault and no ones else's. Ever since I can remember I've had this competitive notion inside me to know more than everyone else about technology, and I would often fall on my face when the other guys would show me up all the time, especially at church, I would try something then the older guys would show me in frustration why it wouldn't work like that and I would be like "no, you can't no more than me. If I don't surrender, if I don't give up and say teach me, then I'll always be angry and upset when they show me up again next time. How much to I respect God, how many times do I go to other things expecting to find the same answer, too many.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?