Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I don't know, I'm making this up as I go - Indiana Jones

“Don’t brag about tomorrow, since you don’t know what the day will bring.” Proverbs 27:1 NLT

LOL, after reading this one, all I can say is that God has a sense of humor. How many times have I been caught doing that? Enough to have no expectations how the next day will be. I slept ok last night, still was  woken up but ok. Now that we're into October I can focus on getting this condo livable. I've got videos to get out, and hopefully other work to attend to. Sip some coffee, I read and think.  I'm reminded of the proverb or Psalm whatever it is. "the mind of man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps." I'm also reminded of some of the shows that I've done where I've walked in thinking I was the man only to fall flat on my face because I refused to humble myself. I read and think, I read and think. It's tough being a husband and a father and having to establish confidence in the fact everything's going to be ok.  I don't know, the field of work I have chosen has really helped me to have no expectations for life, things can change at anytime and I have learned to apply them to my family and that has really helped my stress level. Then there's the expectations of people you're working with.  I admit I'm picky and I admit I don't want to argue if something is not done right, as to not create a scene in front of a guest. I read and I think, sip some coffee.  Sure I can have my own criteria and plan for the day and have great time management so I'm productive and feeling the day is going great, but when I hit a bump, like someone working terribly slow, I get all mad MOVE. Hits me, What's life all about, angry birds, ipads, iphones and organizers, meeting your goals, great expectations, all your kids doing well? The book Alexander and the terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad day comes to mind. I also think of that song "you had a bad day". Yet I also think of the song "its good to be alive" by Geoff Moor and the Distance. In my life I live by the phrase "seize the moment". I find myself so backwards at times.  I find myself scared that maybe I won't have a good day today because of this verse. Only God knows what today holds, sure it may go just as I planned, or as Indiana Jones said "I don't know, I'm making this up as I go". Do I believe it? Am I willing to not stress and worry, I feel God telling me to quit pulling Him on the leash and let him guide me on his path, I might need a choke collar but whatever it takes as long as I don't brag.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?