Saturday, October 22, 2011

Good Afternoon, Good Evening, and Good Night - Truman Show

“Everyone enjoys a fitting reply; it is wonderful to say the right thing at the right time!” Proverbs 15:23 NLT


So do you mean, telling people what they want to hear? I can give people a fitting line, I'm full of come backs. Saying the right thing at the right, well that all depends.  My wife will differ on how I handle this. Long night of work again but all overtime so I didn't care. I've already had my coffee, but still tired, didn't sleep well again. I read and think, I read and think, I'm reminded of the Truman show, "In case I don't see you again, Good afternoon, Good evening, and good night. These things have always troubled me, greeting people, caring about how they're doing. Going in a store and someone saying "welcome, how are you today?" When I did that, i thought it was the dumbest thing.  Then I'm reminded of Quiz Show, when at the end after the guys fancy speech and all the recognition is received, one professor, says, I would expect more integrity from a man of your knowledge and excellence, not just a fancy speech. Then you go to a funeral, what do you say? I like honesty, honestly. Movie lines come to mind that were intense reply's.  You can't handle the truth.  It's crazy of how a reply, affects me a lot.  Sometimes I feel I live in a sitcom, everything goes by and fixed at the end, bunch of crap. It's interesting how the writers develop a story line then conversations with reply's. I'm amazed of how insecure I am, when people don't laugh at my jokes, or don't take me seriously, but reply with sarcasm, when I'm not in the mood. I'm reminded of beautician and beast, when Fran Drescher raises her arms and the crowd cheers, she says "I've always wanted to do that".  Whenever I watch the political debates, I find myself saying, hey I can say things people like to hear to and not put them into action.  I'm reminded of Elf when Buddy says "I like to whisper too". These human behaviors that I act out make me laugh.  I get a kick out of people standing in line in silence.  There's always someone who try's to crack a joke waiting for a laughing reply.  Yet I want to hear the words "you're going to be fine" when I'm sick. I want validation when I've screwed up something, not, this is what you should've done. At work I have to direct guests to there meeting rooms, bathrooms, different floors, at times.  They come to me looking like a deer in the headlights. I read and think, Hits me.  I find this life being full of surprises, both positive and negative, and sometimes just a quick reply and not a huge speech is necessary. God works in the weirdest ways, even through two simple words, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?