Friday, October 7, 2011

The Fugitive

O God, you are my God; I earnestly search for you. My soul thirsts for you; my whole body longs for you in this parched and weary land where there is no water.” Psalm 63:1NLT

This verse hits me kind of closer. Sure I read this when I was a kid and thought "oh that'll be the day".  Then after God really starting hitting me, I knew what this meant.  It's very unusual when I first read it. I slept terrible, didn't get up but just exhausted, the couch came, The hardware was in the box, we have a couch now,  my wife loves it. I read and think, I read and think. I watched the fugitive yesterday before work as I assembled the couch and made room for it.  It was crazy of how Richard Kimball was determined to prove his innocence and he searched and searched, the truth came out. Sip some coffee, I can recall many times how I have troubleshot gear for hours trying to figure out why something wasn't working, or troubleshooting my kid, wondering why she wasn't working. I have found myself researching  events, equipment, putting hours and hours into projects, devoting myself to the end. I'm a passionate person, thats why I chose video, it was a never ending field, i found that I wanted to know everything, I'm getting there. I like justice, I love movies like Erin Brokovitch, the fugitive, Shawshank redemption, breach, pelican brief, shattered glass, brave one, etc. I read and think, hits me. God's given me this passion, I use for searching, dreaming, sure I'll drift away from Him, He want's me to investigate Him, to seek truth, find justice, with everything I am, even in moments where I see nothing. He's instilled this view of life within me, making me feel alone at times with everyone, but close to Him, just as Richard Kimball kept moving and didn't give up, I've got this drive within me that won't end, even if I'm drained exhausted angry at everything, hits me. I think of Steve Jobs in how he didn't give up on his passion and became a legend. I think of the Goonies and how the could have easily turned around in the basement but didn't. Hits me again, I can search and drive myself insane to learn things, but if my hope is only in that answer and not grounded in God, it ends at the point of discovery. If I keep drive on God and seek to discover Him, He'll show me the passion He has for me and where to look and that He is the truth and justice that I need.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?