Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I see pride! I see power! I see a bad-ass mother who don't take no crap off of nobody!

“Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your heart’s desires.” Psalm 37:4 NLT

I honestly start thinking of turkish delight from the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe when I first read this, this morning. I slept better last night, nice date night with the wife, figuring out our iphones, they are a big upgrade from our old stuff, I'm still concerned about hackers. I have a shoot today that I hope goes well.  Sip some coffee, I read and think, I can't help to think of how Edmond was so innocent to eat the Turkish Delight not even think about what was on the other end. It was delicious, why not have some more. How many times have I taken the Turkish delight believing good was at the other end and not a trap. I read and think, I read and think, I'm reminded of the man from snowy river of how Jim Cray was raised on the mountain, it was part of him. I think again of Eric Littel in Chariots of Fire, finding his place with God when He runs, I think of the Black Stallion and how the kid was just one with horse. It's amazing of how you become one entity with people and things when you delight. I find when I'm taking b-roll for a video, I'm in my zone, my camera becomes part of me especially if I'm shooting music. I remember telling guys at work that if they got saved how God would open there eyes on how they could use there skills for him, He would give them a whole new vision of art for His kingdom. I'm also reminded of the line from Cool Runnings "I see pride! I see power! I see a bad-ass mother who don't take no crap off of nobody! ". I think of how many times when I was delighting, it was taken away from me. My passion was mis read as freaky and weird or not necessary. Hits me, God is so unusual, I find myself trying to spec Him out, I can't. I think of the Pursuit of Happyness, "you have to grab it". I think of Hook, as soon as Peter found what made him happy, his powers came back. I think of things that I thought were delightful but ended in disaster. I remember in my bachelor days, not eating the right foods because I thought it wasn't cool, then I would get sick from fast food, and thought "dude, you have to take care of yourself". It's like when we used to go off roading back in the day, my brother would take the time prep the jeep to handle the upcoming terrain and the result was usually positive. When I'm tweaking my camera before a shoot, I have to make sure the color is balanced, the mic is working (if necessary), I can hear the mic working, the levels are good, the angle is right, good battery power, enough storage for footage, tapes are labeled, tripod is balanced correctly, can I pan and tilt comfortably, cables aren't tot, etc. I always find when I watch a movie trailer and I see Spielberg or Lucas, or Peter Jackson, Mel Gibson, Ron Howard, Robert Redford, etc. I'm thinking wow, that's going to be good because these guys are passionate about there work, they take delight. These guys don't care what people thought, they didn't let anyone stop them, they didn't give up. Hits me again, whenever I don't take delight in God, I can feel His passion to get me back to delight in Him. He's knows my passion and will continue to modify and grow it as He pleases.  Just as He doesn't give up on me, He doesn't want me to give up on Him, He will give me my hearts to desire when I make it Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?