Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Seize the Moment? maybe next time when its more convenient


“Seek the Lord while you can find him. Call on him now while he is near.” Isaiah 55:6 NLT

Whoooh this one caught me off guard.  I had to look at the context further to figure it out. Sip some coffee, tired this morning. Now working on the condo, and getting rid of my stuff, or trying to. It's hard to go look at old cables and connectors that I could so easily used for different occasions, but the fact those occasions have not presented themselves in the past 9 years tells me, I really don't need all this. I still have my first editor I got my freshman year of High school "sima video edit 2". I read and think, I read and think. I've lost track of those moments where I felt I needed to say something or take action, there was a small window of opportunity and I didn't take it. It could either be taking the next exit on the freeway as to avoid a jam or feeling the need to pray for someone and I don't. Or when I was inches away from  meeting Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys and I didn't say anything. Or that chance to get something to eat and you don't. The list goes on. I read and think, it's not that I don't feel God near, it's that do I take action when He is near and wants to work through me? It's when he's telling me to call other brothers when I fight what I fight, do I call? It's when I feel I need to call a friend to check up, do I call, text, facebook? Hits me, I have to believing that God works only in a certain number of ways. He's very beyond our time, He's so far ahead in his thinking that the way's He wants to use me seem absurd at times, and that's why I need to strive to be sensitive to those opportunities regardless if they seem ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?