Wednesday, August 10, 2011

God!! Where are you?

“[For the choir director: A song of the descendants of Korah, to be sung by soprano voices.] God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble.” Psalm 46:1 NLT

Strong coffee this morning, didn't sleep well. Every time I read these kinds of verses, I always get thrown off by choir thing. The line doesn't even rhyme, how can you sing something that doesn't rhyme. As I read this over and over again, having no idea what God is trying to tell me, hits me. How often have I bypassed God in hard times, thinking, it wasn't enough trouble to qualify for God's assistance. Hits me again, how many musicals have I seen where the soprano has the main part, and I find myself stopping to listen for that moment. I think of the scene in ShawShank Redemption, where the men in the jail yard stop in awe of what they're hearing all of the sudden and for a just a minute and felt like free men. Hits me again, just like I wasn't expecting him to save me in the form of a virgin birth, His refuge and strength won't always been in words, but in the sound of a voice, in nature, a dream, a scene, an act of kindness. He knows my language in my time of trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?