Friday, August 5, 2011

Are you calling me simple?

“The teaching of your word gives light, so even the simple can understand.” Psalm 119:130 NLT

At first I'm thinking, this is a great verse! Simple.  Then I'm finding, wait a second, is it telling me I'm simple and it has to be taught, meaning I can't figure it out, does this mean I'm stupid?  I read it again and again. Hits me, How many times have I read the word as just a reading, not to understand it, and how many times have I not been teachable and just sat there waiting for the lesson to end.  Yet how many times have I heard the word by accident and it gave me a glimpse of light in my dark world. Hits me again, that regardless of what situation I'm in, attitude I have, dumb decision I've made, anger I have, however I see the word, it will always be light, regardless if I understand it or not at the moment, it's pretty simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?