Sunday, August 7, 2011

God, take a break, I'll take this one

“For the Lord is our judge, our lawgiver, and our king. He will care for us and save us.” Isaiah 33:22 NLT

At first I'm thinking, aah great, another judge, law, king verse. I begin to think to about how many times I've told God to take a break, I've got a lot of experience in judging, creating my laws and being in charge. I'll fill him in when I'm done.  As I read and read, sip coffee, and read. I find myself really having a problem with this judge, lawgiver, king thing. Then it hits me, of how much anger, resentment, bitterness, trust issues, control I have built up, I feel miserable. Coffee's done, Hits me again, got this backwards. Until I don't tell God to take a break, and let Him be Him, will I feel how much He cares for me and has been saving me all this time.  Otherwise I'll still be miserable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?