Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I hope it works as good as it looks

“But the Lord said to Samuel, “Don’t judge by his appearance or height, for I have rejected him. The Lord doesn’t see things the way you see them. People judge by outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”” 1 Samuel 16:7 NLT

As much as I want to deny it, I am a professional at judging others. If I could change anything, I would change that. To help me with this, I developed a phrase about 11 years ago, "I hope it works as good as it looks" (mainly for equipment).  As I read this again and again, it hits me, no matter how many tricks and ideas I develop to help me overcome this problem, If I don't desire to see everything and everybody through God's eyes, I'll always be quick to judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?